Chinese porcelain blue and white circular box and cover painted overall with an intricate basket weave pattern intertwined with flowers on a blue washed ground, the interior plain, the base with a four-character mark of Xuande in underglaze blue.
5 ¾ inches, 14.1 cm diameter.
Condition: box base with rim chips restored and inner rim tiny nibble, cover excellent with small brown speckles.
Provenance & Additional Information
- From an old English private collection.
- Sold by Philliips Wessex, 30th March 1998.
- Sold by Marchant, London, 18th June 1998.
- From the collection of Jeffrey Stamen, Boston, collection no. 92.
- Sold by Sotheby’s New York in their auction of Kangxi, The Jie Rui Tang Collection, Part II, 19th March 2019, lot 334.
- Boxes of this design are rare. No others appear published.