Chinese porcelain wucai, famille verte brush pot, bitong, painted on the exterior with four carp, one in blue enamels with green fins and tail, one in green enamels with blue fins and tail, a leaping carp in iron-red and a smaller carp in white enamel with green fins and tail, all amongst aquatic plants, weeds, grass and roe, the base unglazed with a small recessed white glazed centre.
4 ¼ inches, 10.8 cm diameter; 4 15/16 inches, 12.5 cm high.
Kangxi period, 1662-1722.
• Sold by Sotheby’s London in their auction of Fine Chinese Export Porcelain, 18th November 1986, lot 38, p. 13.
• Sold by Sotheby’s Hong Kong in their auction of Important Chinese Ceramics , 15th November 1988, lot 229, purchased by Vandekar.
• Sold by Sen Shu Tey, Tokyo.
• Sold by Marchant, 13th June 1999.
• Formerly in the collection of Jeffrey P. Stamen, The Jie Rui Tang Collection, no. 56.
• Sold by Sotheby’s New York in their auction of Kangxi: The Jie Rui Tang Collection, 20th March 2018, lot 324, p. 56.
五彩錦麟圖筆筒 清康熙 潔蕊堂舊藏Enquire About This Item